Sunday, February 2, 2014

Browned Butter Blondies (Fabulous!)

TA-DA!!!

These amazing bars are the B-E-S-T I've made in a looonnng while!
Browned butter paired with brown sugar, white chips and toasted pecans!!!! 

Well, I want you to know I am not just 'whistlin' Dixie' when I say these are 
OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD YUMMY!! 

These yummy bites remind me of Applebee's Blonde Brownies...
minus the maple sauce they serve over them. 

This was my last big 'sweets splurge' for the year of 2013. 

For me, they are the perfect texture, chewy, brown sugar-y, nutty, melt-in-your-mouth kind of YUM. 

I edited the photo because I felt like they needed to be IN.THE.SPOTLIGHT! 

I do hope you'll try them soon. The recipe came from 

I know her recipes will always be a winner in my kitchen! I'm so thankful she shares.  Please pop in and check her out and tell her I sent you over. 
(Did you see her photo in the Nov. issue of Taste of Home? She's one of their field editors and was featured there!  WOWZERS!)

These are really tough to improve, but the second time I made them I added toffee bits instead of white chocolate chips (because that's what I had on hand).  I thought the texture was perfect! And having the crunch of the nuts and white choc chips (or toffee) were a big reason why. 


BROWNED BUTTER BLONDIES 

3/4 c. butter
1-1/2 c. packed brown sugar
(I only used 1-1/4 c. and thought they were just right)
2 eggs
1 Tb. vanilla extract
1-1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
1 c. white chocolate chips

In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat, watching closely, and stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown and you can smell that nutty aroma it gives off. Remove from heat. Cool a few minutes; pour into large glass dish and refrigerate for about 15 minutes. 

Preheat oven to 375. Line 9" X 13" baking dish, with (non stick) aluminum foil, extending foil over the edges (so you'll be able to lift them out of the pan with ease). If necessary, spray foil with non stick cooking spray; set aside. 

Add brown sugar, eggs and vanilla to cooled butter; mix well until smooth. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt; stir just until blended. Add pecans and white chocolate chips. Spread evenly into prepared pan. 

Bake 18 - 20 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Insert toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean, remove from oven. 
Cool completely. 

Lift blondies from pan; remove foil; cut into squares. 

They are just BEAUTIFUL!  The topping will have a crackly look and that just gets me so excited about these scrumptious bars. 

(TIP: For freshest results, do not cut until just before you're ready to serve). 

#2 TIP: I place nuts in a bowl and microwave for 45 second intervals, stirring between each. You'll be able to smell them toasting..MMMM!)

If you like this recipe, you'll probably also like these easy bars...
with chocolate chips..
Toffee Bars


Linked to Weekend Potluck

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly