Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Broccoli/Corn Casserole


I've always had a special fondness for dressing up vegetables...

This recipe has been enjoyed a number of times at our house over the years, but I decided to take it to a our last Baker sibling gathering (my hubby is one of 8 living children who love to get together).  I was SO surprised my SIL's (who are awesome cooks, by the way) wanted this recipe and had somehow missed it in my first cookbook.  ???


It's one of those awesome ONLY 5 INGREDIENT recipes. I spose you could use reduced sodium crackers (of sorts) if you are concerned about sodium content, but trust me...

THIS DISH IS KNEE-SLAPPING DELICIOUS! 

And sooo easy to put together too. 

Perfect for potlucks or summer/winter get togethers!


BROCCOLI/CORN CASSEROLE

1 (16 ozs) bag frozen broccoli, cooked and drained 
(be careful to not overcook)
1 (15 ozs.) can creamed corn
1 (15 ozs.) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (8 ozs) box Chicken in a Biscuit crackers, crushed 
(I like to leave a few bigger chunks for the topping)
1/2 stick butter or margarine, melted 

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2-qt. casserole dish.  Mix vegetables together; then mix cracker crumbs with butter.  Save 1/2 c. crumbs for topping.

Combine remaining crackers with veggies; pour into prepared dish. Top with remaining crumbs.  Bake, covered for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 10 minutes longer. 

Yield: 6 - 8 servings 

You might also like Ultimate Creamed Corn in the Slow Cooker



Linked to Weekend Potluck



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly