Sunday, June 8, 2014

Easy Coconut Custard Pie (Reduced Sugar Option)


Y'all know I just love S-I-M-P-L-E!!...this recipe caught my interest when I saw it shared at Judy's The Southern Lady Cooks. Judy has a very large following cause once you get a taste of her amazing recipes, you'll only want more.
Please pop over to see her - tell her I said hello. 

I love that this dessert only has a few ingredients, and I could use my homemade sweetened condensed milk that has little sugar in it. 

Hope you won't put off trying it.  Hubby and I ate the whole thing ourselves....(but not all at once.) *-* 

(I'm not sure why the filling looks thinner than it actually was??)


EASY COCONUT CUSTARD PIE 
1 - 9" deep dish pie shell, unbaked
1 (14 ozs.) can sweetened condensed milk
(much reduced sugar option)
1 1/4 c. hot water 
(hot tap water is fine - you don't want to cook the eggs)
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 eggs, beaten
1 c. (unsweetened) coconut 
Few sprinkles ground nutmeg, optional
Preheat oven to 425. 
In a mixing bowl whisk together the milk, water, salt and vanilla extract.  Beat eggs well and add to milk mixture, along with coconut; continue beating with wire whisk until smooth.  Pour into pie shell.  Sprinkle nutmeg on top.  Bake at 425 for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 50 minutes until filling is set.  Remove from oven, cool to room temperature; top with whipped cream to serve. Refrigerate any left overs.  Enjoy!

Other great pie recipes...








Linked to Weekend Potluck



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly