Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Oatmeal Cookie Smoothie {Lighter Option}

Y'all already know...I'm a big smoothie lover.

And I LOVE trying new recipes for them all the time..it's just a drive in me to do that I guess.

Well, I also am very fond of oatmeal cookies...love them with raisins, and my hubby loves them soft.  He's always very happy to try one at McDonald's...
(psst...they have VERY good cookies!) 

Anyway, I had to give this one a try. I found it at Kristen's 
Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker .  She didn't have any liquid in her recipe, but I added some milk, and couldn't have imagined making it without. 
(After all, we do love milk with our cookies, right?) 
Please pop over and check out her recipe. 

I adapted it slightly and it is ever so delicious! You won't know it has oatmeal because it gets ground up to fill you up too.

A perfect and satisfying after-school or after-work treat.  


OATMEAL COOKIE SMOOTHIE 

2/3 c. plain nonfat Greek (Chobani) yogurt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
dash of nutmeg, optional
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3 Tb. (gluten free) oatmeal, or 'regular' or old fashioned
1 Tb. pure maple syrup 
(I used sugar free...could also substitute agave nectar)
1/3 - 1/2 c. milk
1 Tb. raisins
(I had craisins on hand)
dollop of Biscoff (cookie spread), optional
3 - 4 ice cubes 

Place all ingredients in the blender and whir until it's blended well & smooth, 
about 45 seconds. Enjoy! 

Yield: 1 serving

If you're interested about what's on the plate, here's my post about
a family traditional treat...

Brown Bobbies - A Family Tradition



I have A LOT more smoothie recipes...here's just a few...

Healthy Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie


Strawberry Pina Colada Smoothie

Nutella/PB Oatmeal Smoothie

Blueberry Banana Flaxseed Smoothie




Linked to Weekend Potluck
The Yuck Stops Here
Totally Talented Tuesday



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly