Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Giant Chocolate Malt Cookies - OH MY!


I love Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks, don't you?

How privileged I am that I will soon have my fifth recipe published in one of their cookbooks!


Were you aware if you get your recipe published, they send you a free issue of that cookbook?  I'm getting quite a collection...and just LOVE it!

I don't have the cookbook this recipe came from...it's the 
101 Cupcakes, Cookies & Brownies (these are ones with photos!).
I'm SO pleased I saw it online and tried it. 
I shared a plateful with one of my hubby's high school classmates because he loves to 'razz' me that he's always 'wondering where the cookies are'. 

His reaction?  He said "You could make me 20 dozen and I'd eat them all.  They were REALLY good, REALLY good!" (Guess who'll be getting more for the holidays?=)

These are wonderfully chocolate, with a chewy center....perfect for dunking in milk.  I have had some malted milk powder in the pantry and was thrilled to get to use some in this delightful recipe. 

These scrumptious treats are just what the kids will be wanting for after school snacking. Great for unexpected company, and especially for the holidays. 

A REAL winner!!!

Just like a chocolate malt, only crunchy! *-*




GIANT CHOCOLATE MALT COOKIES 
1 c. butter-flavored shortening

1-1/4 c. brown sugar, packed

1/2 c. malted milk powder

2 T. chocolate syrup

1 T. vanilla extract

1 egg, beaten
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1-1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chunks
1 c. milk chocolate chips

In a large bowl, blend shortening, brown sugar, malted milk powder, syrup and vanilla for 2 minutes. Add egg; blend well and set aside. Mix together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually blend into shortening mixture. Fold in chocolate chunks & chips; roll dough into 2-inch balls. Place 3" apart on ungreased baking sheets; bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. 

Yield: 1-1/2 dozen
You might also like...





Captain Crunch Peanut Clusters




Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly