Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts (Copycat Whole Foods)

I've been trying to eat 'cleaner' than usual...so when I saw this easy recipe at my friend Arman's The Big Man's World I had to try them.  I keep balsamic vinegar on hand and don't use it much, so I was up for the 'challenge'. 


These were tasty and I ate the whole batch myself! I hate to admit it...
but...I've never been to a Whole Foods Market...I don't know that I've ever seen one either...but I do hear and read much about them. 

I'm sure these are an item available in their prepared foods section. 

And they are YUMMY-LISCIOUS! 

I always like experimenting with options.  We really enjoyed these Ritzy Brussel Sprouts..baked in a cream sauce, topped with cheese, cracker crumbs and nuts.  This recipe for Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Caramelized Onions are a real hit anytime they're served! 

If you've never tried roasting veggies, you should know it brings out the SWEETNESS in them!!  Try it, you'll like it....


BALSAMIC ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS
(COPYCAT WHOLE FOODS) 

2# washed & trimmed brussel sprouts
1/4 c. olive oil
2 Tb. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
(I used fresh ground garlic pepper - MMM)

(After the first 20 minutes of roasting, I drizzled a little bit of a balsamic glaze I've had forever over them...I think it made them a bit darker...and surely very tasty!)


Preheat oven to 350. Cover cookie sheet/tray with non stick foil. 

In lg. bowl, mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then add brussel sprouts, stirring until well coated. 

Place brussel sprouts onto foil; sprinkle with salt & pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, stir until loosened and bake another 20 minutes, or until nice and brown, and tender...thus, caramelized.  

Remove from oven and serve after cooling a few minutes. 

Linked to Weekend Potluck
               Meal Plan Monday




Other 'green' veggies dishes you might like...














Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly