Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Ballpark Baked Beans

It won't be long and it'll be BBQ and picnic time!  This is a great recipe to keep on hand. I sure do love these simple & basic recipes!!

I want you to be ready for summer with a WOW factor - these beans are awesome...the pineapple adds a special sweetness.  These make an excellent side dish for any meal. 


I was shocked when I realized I hadn't ever posted this recipe I made a couple of years ago! It's easy and delicious...I served it to over 200 folks at a local Bean Days festival.


The recipe came from Taste of Home....so you know it's been tested and proven!


BALLPARK BAKED BEANS 

2 (16 ozs) cans baked beans
1/4 c. brown sugar (packed)
2 Tb. ketchup
2 tsp. prepared mustard
1/2 # bacon, diced and mostly cooked, optional
1 (20 ozs.) can pineapple tidbits, drained 

Preheat oven to 350. 

In a large bowl, combine the beans, brown sugar, ketchup and mustard and bacon, if using. Pour mixture into a 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Add pineapple; stir until combined; bake 30 minutes longer or until bubbly. 

Yield: 10 servings.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly