Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Creamy Crockpot Macaroni & Cheese

A dear Tennessee friend, Betty, shared this recipe with me when we stopped to visit them last year on our way home from Florida....so...I've had this recipe for some time.

Betty is a great cook. She said a lady from her church makes this for every ladies Bible study time, and so I knew it would be good, I just kept forgetting about it and knew I needed a 'crowd' to feed it to.

When the 4 little Fergusons came by a few weeks ago, I decided it was TIME. 

I read quite a few crockpot recipes prior to making this one.  A recurring thing that was mentioned was having eggs in the mac n cheese...that it could sort of 'curdle'.
(hover over image to pin) 

So I was sure to beat the eggs well and remove that little white 'speck' in every egg white. I didn't think it was a problem at all.

Because I do like really CREAMY mac n cheese, I added some Velveeta. All in all, this was a delicious recipe and one I will keep to make again. 

Hope you'll try it soon.  You could possibly add some dry ranch dressing, maybe top it with some bacon...make it your own if you want to 'dress it up'...but we loved it just like this. 



CREAMY CROCKPOT MACARONI & CHEESE 

1 (8 ozs) box macaroni (cooked el dente, drained)
3 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
2 ounces Velveeta, diced, optional
1 lg (12 ozs) can evaporated milk
2 c. whole milk
1/4 c. melted butter 
2 large eggs, beaten well 
1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1 tsp. salt (or less)

Grease 3.5 qt. crockpot. In large bowl, combine all ingredients, (using 2 c. cheddar cheese); mix well.  Pour into prepared crock. Cook on low for 2-1/2 - 3-1/2 hours. Because I was home, I stirred it about every hour, but you don't have to.  About 40 minutes before time is up, sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese over the top and let it melt. 


Betty's note: If serving more than 6 - 8 people, you might want to double the recipe; may need to add more cooking time. 

You might also enjoy these other crockpot dishes...










Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly