Sunday, July 26, 2015

Overnight Oats - PB Banana & Strawberry Nutella

Golly gee - it's been quite a while since I posted an oatmeal recipe. 

I've eaten plenty of it, I just haven't shared a new and creative way to enjoy them. But hold on!...this no cook recipe is a real winner! 

These oats are creamy and good-for-you!  Make ahead for a no-fuss breakfast!
I love putting them in jars for single servings.  You can make up several different flavors to satisfy everyone's tastes. 


I suggest using old fashioned or rolled oats for the best texture. If you are making in small jars, don't try to enlarge the recipe because the measurements below fill up a jar.  (I used half pints)

(I used some chocolate peanut butter that I found hiding in the fridge) 

I've also seen these 
called "Growing Oats"...the texture is much like that of pudding, but
you can also warm this if that's how you prefer. 

I'm always inspired by Sam's awesome recipes shared at 
Five Heart Home.  She also shares a "Coconut Almond" oatmeal
option at this post.  And she used raspberries instead of strawberries. Please stop by and tell her I said hello.
She has TO.DIE.FOR recipes & photos!! 


OVERNIGHT OATS 

Peanut Butter Banana:
1/3 c. rolled oats 
(not quick)
1/3 c. (almond) milk
1/3 c. plain (Greek) yogurt
1/2 c. mashed banana 
(about 1 medium)
2 -3 Tb. peanut butter
1 tsp. (or more) honey
a few shakes of ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
sliced bananas, chopped peanuts, peanut butter, chocolate chips for garnish,
optional

STRAWBERRY NUTELLA: 
1/3 c. rolled oats
1/3 c. (almond) milk
1/3 c. plain (Greek) yogurt
2 - 3 Tb. nutella
pinch of salt
1/2 c. sliced strawberries
More sliced strawberries, chopped nuts, nutella for garnish, optional

In a small bowl or jar, mix oats, milk and yogurt. Stir in add-ins. Cover and refrigerate overnight. When serving, top with garnishes.  Enjoy!
Great with some toast too. 

Linked to Meal Plan Monday



You might enjoy these other no-cook breakfasts with added protein...

Healthy Tropical Fruit Smoothies




Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly