Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Peach Cobbler Smoothie (WW Pts)

This is creamy, refreshing and filling smoothie is very similar to something I make on my own...and enjoy often, so when I saw this recipe being posted at Hungry Girl..
I HAD TO SHARE! 

And Good Gravy!  Why I didn't think to name it this, I'll never know???

I often add oatmeal to smoothies for the fiber, so it helps keep you full too. 
Love the peachy flavor with all the spices...MMMMM!

I always use unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
It's only 30 calories per cup...can't beat that.  It's also low in the glycemic
index so it's great for folks having to watch sugar intake. 


PEACH COBBLER SMOOTHIE 

1 c. frozen peach slices (no sugar added), slightly thawed
(I used fewer - about half -  to make it a sippable smoothie)
1 c. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/4 c. fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
(I like using peach flavored)
2 Tb. old-fashioned oats
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 - 2 no-calorie sweetener packets (like Truvia)
1/2 cup crushed ice, optional
Garnish with more nutmeg if desired 

Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend at high speed until smooth, whirring for at least 45 seconds.  Stir if need be so peaches don't get stuck. Add more milk or yogurt according to desired thickness. 


Yield: 1 serving


From the Hungry Girl website: (without any adaptions)

Entire recipe (about 14 oz.): 190 calories, 3.5g fat, 199mg sodium, 32.5g carbs, 4.5g fiber, 17.5g sugars, 8.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*



You might also enjoy these other smoothies...

Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie (no sugar added)





Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly