Sunday, July 5, 2015

Super-Easy Scalloped Potatoes (Microwave)

This is a kid-friendly recipe and would be especially great for summertime as you don't have to heat up the oven, only the microwave!

I was SO pleased with the results of this simple dish.  Found in Gooseberry Patch's  Mom Knows Best  Cookbook 
(in which I have my Blastin' Blueberry Crunch recipe! - page 210). 
Recipe submitted by Judy Henfey of Cibolo, TX. 


The consistency was just perfect and we enjoyed this lovely dish with meatloaf. 
Makes a great side dish for any meal. 

And only FIVE basic ingredients! I always appreciate that. 

Add bacon, ham, peas or extra cheese for a change of pace. I think next time I try them I will use a cream of chicken/mushroom soup. You could also try cheddar cheese soup too. 

Simple, delicious and simply delicious!



SUPER EASY SCALLOPED POTATOES 

1 (10.75 ozs) can cream of mushroom soup 
3/4 c. milk
4 potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8" thick
1/2 c. onion, chopped
(I used 1 Tb. dry minced onion)
salt, pepper and dried parsley to taste
1 c. shredded cheddar (or cojack) cheese

Spray a microwave-safe 2 qt. casserole dish lightly with non-stick vegetable spray. Add soup and milk' whisk together.  Gently stir in remaining ingredients.  Cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes; stir.  Microwave another 12 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.  Serves 8. 

Linked to Full Plate Thursday
           Weekend Potluck
          Meal Plan Monday


You may also enjoy these side dishes...













Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly