Thursday, July 9, 2015

Vanilla Chai Protein Breakfast Shake

I have been in love with chai....a creamy and sweet Indian tea...for many years. So anytime I see it in a recipe, I get right on it.

This recipe is so simple and so delicious. If you want to steep the tea bag...as I did..you need to think ahead so the milk can chill...otherwise, just add the spices until you get the taste you like.


I had never had cardamom before I enjoyed my first chai, but it's definitely necessary to make it taste like the 'real deal'. 

I added protein powder to this so it would hold me through the morning. 

Hope you'll enjoy it soon. 


VANILLA CHAI PROTEIN BREAKFAST SHAKE

1 very ripe frozen bananas
(I keep banana slices in the freezer on hand for recipes like this)
1 c. milk of choice 
(I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk..only 30 calories per cup!)
1/2 tsp. each cinnamon and ginger
dash of each of these; pepper, cardamom, cloves and nutmeg
(Or you can eliminate spices and steep a chai tea bag in hot steamed milk...then chill before blending everything)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 pkt. sweetener (I prefer Truvia)
whipped topping - caramel and chocolate syrups for garnish

Combine all ingredients in blender; blend for at least a minute until smooth and frothy. Serve cold or you can make this warm too if you prefer. 

Linked to Weekend Potluck
You may enjoy these other wonderful beverages...

Skinny Frozen Hot Chocolate









Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly