Sunday, September 27, 2015

Brown Sugar Apple Blondies (with Toffee)

I LOVE the fall season...the gorgeous colors, the cooler temps, the
apple & pumpkin dishes that multiply this time of year, and....

I love these moist fall treats!

Not only are they very tasty, but I like that this recipe makes a small panfull. 
(8" X 8"). Oftentimes, that's all I really want.  It's easily doubled if you want more. 

And I was pleasantly surprised over how MOIST they were! 
Those apples are perfect in this brown sugar batter. 

Before baking, I topped the batter with some milk chocolate toffee I had on hand...

A delicious treat any time of day...or the year! Great with a tall glass of milk or a cuppa coffee.  Enjoy!!

Always happy with all of Stacey's recipes I find at Southern Bite. Please stop by and check out soo many delicious recipes he shares there, including this one.


BROWN SUGAR APPLE BLONDIES (WITH TOFFEE)

1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
(I used a little less)
1 egg
1 c. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon, or...
(I used apple pie spice...can find a
homemade version here - it has allspice and cardamom) 
2 med apples, peeled & diced
1/2 c. chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray an 8" X 8" square pan with 
nonstick cooking spray; set aside. 

In large bowl, combine butter and sugar together until smooth.  Add egg; mix well. 

In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and spices.  Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. When blended, stir in the apples and nuts. Spread into prepared baking pan. Bake 35 - 40 minutes or until golden brown. 

Cool; cut into squares; serve. 

Linked to Full Plate Thursday
           Weekend Potluck

















Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly