Thursday, October 15, 2015

Apple "Smiles" (Kid Friendly)

I was shocked when I realized recently I did not have a post for these special treats!

ARGH!

I added this recipe to my first cookbook, "Recipes & Recollections" published in 2010.
(Sorry, it's no longer available) 

I made these treats for my kids when they were little....I made them for the kids I had in home daycare for over 10 years, and I've made them for my grandkids.

Hope your kids enjoy them too.  It's a great way to get them to enjoy an apple. 
Fast and easy also - adding peanut butter gives them protein. 
And it's a great way to give your kids a S-M-I-L-E!

Have FUN!




Make "Apple Smiles" by cutting a red apple in half; core; then cut each half into 5 or 6 slices. On one side of each apple slice spread peanut butter (Biscoff would be great too); to one side add 4-5 mini marshmallows (to represent teeth), then top with another slice, peanut butter side down. You'll have 2 'lips' and 'teeth'.



Linked to Weekend Potluck


More kid-friendly ideas....












Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly