Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Simple Baked Oatmeal (Healthy)

The BAKER family is quite the group of Bakers...imagine that?!

One of my dear sis-in-loves has started a page at Facebook for family members to share favorite recipes...especially those passed down from generations.

We have quite the collage of amazing dishes going on, and when I saw this easy oatmeal dish shared by a niece, Tobie, I knew it would be the first thing I tried.

I'm so glad I did too...this recipe has many options.  You can mix it up according to any special diets the family may have...

(hover over photo to pin)

gluten free oats, coconut or almond milk, coconut sugar or honey...
I also added chopped apple and raisins...omit if you want.

Mix it up - pour it in a square pan or pie plate, bake ahead and reheat for the next day..or two. 

It's delicious! Since we eat a lot of oatmeal dishes, I love having some ready to enjoy when I get up in the morning. 

This recipe is simple. Do hope you'll give it a try. You can even bake the dough in regular muffin pans...for bite sized breakfasts!

Thanks Tobie for sharing!


SIMPLE BAKED OATMEAL


Preheat oven to 325 - grease deep pie plate or square baking dish; set aside. 
(If you prefer single servings, bake in 12 greased muffin tins).

In medium bowl combine:
2 c. quick cooking oatmeal
(I used old fashioned and let it soak up the milk for a few minutes before baking)
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt



Mix together in large bowl:



1 c unsweetened coconut or almond milk (or regular milk)

2 eggs, beaten

1/2 c. (unsweetened) applesauce or unsweetened apple butter 

1/2 c. maple sugar or coconut sugar (or packed brown sugar)

(I used about 1/3 c. honey)

1 apple, peeled and chopped, optional
(or add a cup of berries)

1/2 c. raisins, optional



Combine both mixtures then pour into prepared dish.
Bake for 40 - 45 minutes. Serve warm with milk. 



You might also enjoy...









Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly