Tuesday, April 12, 2016

One Step Pound Cake

I couldn't wait to get home from Florida and make this wonderful recipe.
It was the first thing I made in my kitchen too. 

While we were in the RV park, one of my sweet neighbors (Thanks Joann!), shared this with me, and asked for one of my favorite recipes to share with her. She said she is always asked for this recipe when she serves it...I love getting recipes like that! 


(hover over photo to pin)
She said that way she'd think of me when she made my recipe (Taco Chicken)
and I could think of her.  

WHAT A NEAT IDEA!

This is a simple recipe but tastes rich.  Great with coffee or topped with berries. 

She also gave me the option (in recipe below) to make a marble cake. 
I do believe I'll try that next time. **(See below)


Use sour cream OR YOGURT when mixing this up. Many pound cake recipes call for up to 6 eggs, but this only uses 3 eggs too. I like that. 

Add nuts or chocolate chips of any flavor to your liking...


ONE STEP POUND CAKE 

2 sticks (1 cup) butter or margarine, room temperature
1 c. sour cream or (plain or fruited) yogurt
3 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. sugar
(I used 1-3/4 c.)
2-1/2 c. all purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 1 large and 1 medium bread pan.
You can use a large bundt pan also, but may have some batter left over. 

Place all ingredients in a bowl. Mix with hand mixer; batter will be thick. 
(I mixed everything but the flour together, then added that last). 

Bake 1 hour - begin checking at 50 minutes as it will depend on the size of your pan. Cool 20 minutes; remove from pan to rack to cool. (Check by inserting toothpick in the center, it should come out clean). 

Serve dusted lightly with powdered sugar, and/or with berries. 

**For marble cake, save about 1 c. batter and add 3 Tb. baking cocoa and 1 Tb. oil; blend well. Top the plain batter with chocolate batter and 
swirl lightly.  Bake as directed. 


Linked to Full Plate Thursday
            Weekend Potluck
            Meal Plan Monday










Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly