Sunday, June 12, 2016

Best Broccoli Salad

Over Mother's Day weekend, my dear daughter, Debbie, spoke for a Mother/Daughter tea. I enjoyed that time with 2 of my precious granddaughters too...Claira & Kaity. (Keep scrolling for a picture). 

It was a lovely time. There was a large table with all sorts of vintage tea cups/saucers that we got to choose for our own.  The men served us every course...beginning with the most delectable chocolate chip scone, and white ginger tea (my choice). The next course was chilled strawberry soup, served in a glass tea cup. SO delish! Then we got chicken salad on a croissant and the most wonderful broccoli salad I've ever tasted.  They both had dried cranberries in them and we savored every bite. And I got to thinking...I need to make broccoli salad sometime, and there it was...right before me not long after....


Thrilled to have seen this recipe featured by Melissa at Served Up with Love.
Please stop by and tell her I said hello and be sure to check out these tasty recipes for....Caramel Apple Cheese Danish (swoon!) and Strawberry Cheesecake Salad or this easy Sweet 'n Sour Chicken...you'll go back for more from her website, I'm sure of it! 

Oh how I loved this broccoli salad - it was perfect! 

I ended up taking it to a friend's and sharing it with one of her friends, and they BOTH asked for the recipe. 

IT'S.THAT.GOOD!! 

I chopped my broccoli in my Ninja chopper just to save some time.  Be careful when using an electric chopper because it works quickly. 


You can always chop by hand, but be sure to have a few bite sized pieces either way. 


This is simple to make and is knock-your-socks-off delicious!
I used a tad less sugar and a couple more slices of bacon. 

Here's me and my girls at the party....
Claira on the left...almost 11
Kaity on the right...almost 9


BEST BROCCOLI SALAD

1 medium head of broccoli, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1/2 c. craisins
2 - 3 Tb. red onion, diced
6 - 8 slices baked, cooked crisp and chopped
(may use turkey bacon if you prefer)

Dressing: 
1 c. mayo (not Miracle Whip) 
3 - 4 Tb. sugar
(start with less and add more if desired)
2 Tb. apple cider vinegar
1/3 c. chopped nuts, toasted, optional 
(You can stir in or top the salad with the nuts)

Chop washed broccoli into bite sized pieces. In small bowl combine dressing ingredients: mayo, sugar, and vinegar. 

Just before serving, mix veggie combo with dressing. Top with nuts if desired. 

Linked to 
Meal Plan Monday



You may also enjoy...










Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly