Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Coconut Lime Muddy Buddies (using essential oils)

I just don't know where to begin...

When I think of the fun and great times shared with sweetheart Tonya Ferguson and her special family while they were here for a few days in May, my heart just jumps for joy.  They have become my second family. 


Tonya taught her 3rd essential oil class in my home...have you seen their new website??..RVOilers...go ahead, check it out! You'll love what you see there...and maybe you'll want to have Tonya come to your home to teach a class.  She's the best of the best, I can tell you that! 

Their family has been on the road in an RV for over a year now...and they are loving it immensely.

Anyway...she shared this recipe for 
Coconut Lime Muddy Buddies  from the Aroma Tools Facebook page before she arrived at my house, so I decided it would be the perfect addition to our snack lineup after class. 


(We also enjoyed some yummy Orange Cream Cheese Brownies {with oils in it} too.

It's really a simple recipe, and I love that it's GLUTEN-FREE also, because I made it with corn/rice cereal...there were a couple gals at the party who enjoyed it, who could not eat the brownies. 

So here's the recipe...just be sure you add the coconut oil to the melted chocolate before adding the oil and juice.  (We won't mention how I know to BE SURE to do that...just trust me). 
(hover over photo to pin)

COCONUT LIME MUDDY BUDDIES 

1 (12 ozs.) box rice squares cereal 
(or rice/corn)
1-1/2 c. white chocolate chips
(12 ozs. bag)
1/4 c. coconut oil, melted
5 drops lime essential oil
1 tsp. lime juice
(I added a little zest also)
1 c. powdered sugar

Pour the cereal into a large mixing bowl.  Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, or on low in the microwave (just be sure it doesn't overheat). Add melted coconut oil once the chocolate is nearly melted; stir until smooth. 
Add essential oil drops and the juice (& zest, if using), stirring until blended.

Pour the chocolate over the cereal, stirring with a wooden spoon until cereal is evenly coated. Add 1/2 c. powdered sugar to gallon size ziploc bag, add cereal mixture, then pour 1/2 c. remaining powdered sugar over the top.  Seal the bag and shake around gently to make sure all the cereal is coated. 

(I added about 2/3 of the cereal mixture first, coated it, then added a little more powdered sugar to cover the last bit of cereal mixture.) Enjoy right away; store in airtight container.  

This stuff is AMAZING!! 

Linked to Weekend Potluck


You might also like to munch on...

Honey Sweetened Snack Mix




                                  ​Super Simple Ranch Pretzels









No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly