Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Frozen Banana Bites (3 Ingredients)

This is a wonderful & healthy kid-friendly treat for summertime! 
(Adults like them too). 

When I saw this fun and simple recipe at Mr. Food Test Kitchen I knew I would be making it...the same day.  I always keep frozen banana slices on hand to add to my smoothies, then I came up with the idea of adding these to smoothies.  


Instead of adding vanilla, I added a scoop of protein powder. You could also opt to add a couple tablespoons of peanut butter.  GREAT combo with the banana/choco chip mixture.

This is very simple.  If you don't have frozen banana slices on hand, this recipe tells you how to do that...then you put it in the blender or food processor...and just simply make banana 'ice cream'...freeze the mixture in mini muffin cups, sprinkle more chocolate chips on top.

Pop them in your mouth when you need to cool down.  Or add them to your smoothies and blend well.  

(hover over photo to pin) 

FROZEN BANANA BITES

3 ripe bananas, cut into 1/2" slices
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips, divided
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, optional
(or instead, add 1 scoop vanilla protein powder)

Coat 24 mini muffin tins with cooking spray or paper liners. 

Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.  Place banana slices on paper, freezing for 1 hour, or until frozen. (I do not cover). 

Place banana slices in blender or food processor; blend until smooth and creamy.  Stir in 1/3 c. chocolate chips and vanilla (Or skip vanilla and add vanilla protein powder or even peanut butter for a boost of protein). 

Evenly divide into muffin tins and sprinkle with a few remaining chocolate chips.   Freeze for 3 - 4 hours or until frozen.

(I them removed them from the pan and placed them in a freezer bag for easy access when you want 1 or 2...and I want to use my pan for
something else =). 















Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly