Sunday, August 21, 2016

Copycat Strawberry Julius

It's August...and it's hot outside.  What do you do to cool down? 

I love copycat recipes...and I sure do love my Orange and Strawberry Julius.  But do we know for sure if they are truly a COPYCAT???  It really doesn't matter to me...as long as it tastes good.  

I adapted a recipe I found for a Copycat at Sweet as a Cookie. I love being able to use a sugar substitute in recipes like this one....and I normally reduce the amount of ice so I can easily sip it through a straw...and not constantly get brain freeze!

Hope you enjoy this tasty, and cooling treat. 

NOW GO CHILL! 


COPYCAT STRAWBERRY JULIUS

1 c. frozen sliced strawberries, slightly thawed
1/2 c. cold water
1/2 c. cold milk
1/4 c. white sugar
(I love using equal amounts of xylitol 
or 3 - 4  pkts. stevia)
1 tsp. vanilla (important!)
1 c. crushed ice 

Add all ingredients to a blender; process on high until smooth, about a minute. Add more water for perfect consistency if needed. 

Serves 2 - enjoy right away! 

Linked to Weekend Potluck
          Full Plate Thursday
         Meal Plan Monday







Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly