Sunday, December 18, 2016

Melt-in-Your-Mouth Pecan Rolls



Oh how I've wanted to share this simple recipe with you!

These would be fabulous to serve on Christmas morning...few ingredients...little fuss...so much deliciousness!!! 

But I had to wait for an opportunity to share it with someone(s) because I could easily gobble up the whole thing myself.

With only a few on-hand ingredients and a pkg. of crescent rolls...you're set to ummm....roll.  *-* (Or unroll as the case may be!)

I had a hard time finding the photo in my files...I was surprised I hadn't separated each of the rolls. This photo shows SIX...they are just small rolls, but BIG in flavor and taste!

(I think I honestly know what happened....after sharing them the first day, I was SO excited to DIVE into the leftovers the second day, I must have been in too big of a rush to separate these lovelies before snapping a shot)... 

(hover over photo to pin) 

Made with crescent rolls, I have loved these tasty treats for so long.  This recipe is in my first cookbook. I've always cut back a bit on the sugar amount, and think they're perfect every time.

Ready to bake in just minutes...I hope you'll make these over the holidays...and be willing to share! Cause they are FAN-TA-BU-LOUS! I think they'll become a favorite at your house too. 

You might need to double the recipe second time around! =)  Just use a 
9" X 13" pan...

(hover over photo to pin) 

MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH PECAN ROLLS 

1/4 c. butter, melted
1/4 (scant)* c. packed brown sugar
2 Tb. light corn syrup (or honey)
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1 (8 ozs) pkg. refrigerated crescent rolls (or sheet)
2 Tb. white sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon 

Preheat oven to 375. Grease 9" square baking dish.  In small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar (*scant means 'less than') and corn syrup; spread in bottom of dish.  Sprinkle with pecans. Unwrap crescent rolls, keeping it in a roll. (I told you this was easy!) 

Be sure to pinch perforations together. Cut into 16 pieces. 
(HINT: Cut dough in half, then each half in half and cut each section into 4 pieces) Voila!

In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; roll each piece of dough in mixture and lay over top of brown sugar mixture.  Make 4 rows of 4. Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 1 minute; invert onto serving plate. (Hold plate over top of baking dish, then, with oven mitts on your hands, turn the plate over holding onto both. Serve warm.

Yield: 16 small rolls
(about 4 or 5 servings!) 

Linked to Weekend Potluck

 










Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly