Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Special Sugar Cookies {Great with Strawberries}


My oh my!  These are VERY special cookies..and I'm very excited to share them with you!  



I'm so thankful my friend Delores COOK, from church, shared the recipe with me. (With last names like Cook and Baker, we quickly became friends!;) 

These are certainly the most unusual cookie I've ever made!

We love them as shortcake with berries too - MMMM! 

The batter is thin...it has 6 tsp. baking powder in it...you bake them at 450*...for FIVE minutes!

And they simply melt in your mouth!

The buttermilk adds a really nice flavor too!

They are beautiful and so light.  You don't have to feel guilty eating a few of them because it's almost like eating AIR.  =) 

Do hope you'll try them.  


SPECIAL SUGAR COOKIES 

2 c. buttermilk
2 tsp. baking soda

2 c. oil
3 c. sugar 
(I use 2-1/2 c.)
4 eggs

6 c. flour
6 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 Tb. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 450*. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper (I use a silpat). 

In small bowl, place buttermilk and baking soda; allow to stand while mixing oil, sugar and eggs in large bowl. Add buttermilk mixture, beating until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla, beating until well blended. 

Drop by tablespoonsful onto prepared cookie sheet; sprinkle with sugar if desired. (Don't be alarmed - dough will spread) Bake 5 - 6 minutes. (You'll be amazed how high they rise, so quickly). Remove to wire rack to cool. Allow cookie sheet to cool a couple of minutes before baking next batch. 

These freeze nicely too. 

Yield: about 5 dozen 

Linked to 
Meal Plan Monday




Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly