Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Easy Pickled Cukes {New Recipe}

These pickles are the bomb!

I am not even a cucumber lover...haven't been for years, but there are a few things made with cukes that I easily get addicted to....

...like Cucumber Spread...easy and it lasts a while in the fridge...

And Kansas Cucumber Salad...MMMMM! 

This is another one of them. 

So easy it goes together in minutes - and can be made sugar free.  

Cukes are usually inexpensive all year long...(I paid 62 cents each for these) 

My sis-in-love makes these.....I wasn't even going to try them because I just don't care for pickles, but I tried one..and another...and another...
and now I am making them and keeping the 'juice' restocked when we run out of the pickles. 

Do hope you'll try them soon. They take little effort..and oh so delish!

This recipe is in my latest cookbook - Fork Favorites  There are 200 easy family-friendly recipes and the cost is only $15 (+ OH state tax) and Shipping & Handling (if applicable). Click here for ordering info. I'd love to sign one for you! 

(hover over photo to pin) 

EASY PICKLED CUKES

1 c. white vinegar
1 c. water
1/2 tsp. salt (or less)
3/4 c. white sugar, or more to taste
(I like xylitol or Swerve)
3 lg. cukes, peeled and sliced
sliced onion, to taste

In large bowl, add vinegar, water, salt and sugar; stir until dissolved. Add cuke slices and onions.  Eat right away or refrigerate.  These keep up to 2 weeks in the fridge (can reuse the brine a second time).  
Yield 4 - 5 servings (or maybe 2 or 3...depending on who's eating them!) 

Linked to Weekend Potluck
               Meal Plan Monday


You might also like...








Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly